Buying Real Estate in North Carolina
So you are considering a purchase. With over 300 homes sold since 1995, we know how to help. The steps that we take with every client are below.
- Get pre-qualified! Know your finance options before you spend a lot of time looking at homes and neighborhoods.
- Meet with your REALTOR® and discuss strategy, needs versus wants, timing, price range, location.
- The home search begins! Now you start visiting neighborhoods and homes, it’s time to get familiar with local values, home styles and designs and locations that are suitable for you.
- When we find the right property we will research the immediate area to determine a fair market value then you make an offer, negotiate and secure the property contractually!
- Apply for your loan. With your contract in hand you will complete a loan application.
- Time to inspect your investment. I will help you select a home and pest inspector, it’s imperative that you know as much about the condition of the property as possible prior to closing.
- Now you select a closing attorney who will help you complete your loan package, order a “title search”, a “survey” and will handle the recording of the deed. This is also a good time to set-up hazard insurance.
- Hire your movers, make arrangements for the utilities to be turned on at your new house and off at the home that you are leaving.
- Closing time! Complete your loan package with the closing attorney, review the closing statement (HUD-1), get the keys to your new home! Congratulations!
Check it out! We now offer “refresher” classes for home buyers! First-time buyer or not this is a great way to get answers to your questions. No obligation, no cost but we do need you to RSVP because space is limited. For the most current schedule and more information just drop us an email!